Benefits and Leave Analyst
As the liaison between our organization and third-party administrators, you'll oversee day-to-day operations for health, welfare, leave, and retirement plans, ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. You'll troubleshoot issues, maintain data accuracy, and generate custom reports. Additionally, you'll provide valuable guidance to employees on benefit and leave matters. If you're skilled at managing multiple tasks, building strong relationships, and navigating complex HR systems, we invite you to join our team and make a significant impact on our organization's benefits and leave programs.
This is a hybrid position, with 2-3 days per week on-site in Yakima, Washington.
What We Offer
- Salary $66,000-$82,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than 1.0 FTE).
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Serves as the liaison and day-to-day contact for the administration of multiple lines of health benefits, welfare, leave of absence, workers compensation, ADA, wellness and multiple retirement plan policies and regulations, in conjunction with Third Party Administrators (TPAs).
- Assists in auditing reports, generating unique and customized reports. Responsible for maintaining integrity of data information, internal files and all benefit systems. Performs quality checks of all benefits-related data and performs required audits as necessary.
- Coordinates and administers all federal, state and YVFWC-sponsored leave of absence programs and interacts with vendors, leadership, employees, the Payroll Department and other stakeholders on the HR team. Coordinates LOA status within internal and TPA systems.
- Identifies and troubleshoots a variety of issues related to the management of multiple leave plans in the HRIS. Assures recordkeeping and documentation of leaves of absences programs including FMLA, WA PFML, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (STD and LTD) and other YVFWC leave programs in accordance with federal, state and internal requirements.
- Responsible for interfacing with multiple systems, compliance, and benefit and leave vendor coordination.
- Assists with plan and program administration, program and process evaluation, workflow, design and the development and distribution of employee communications.
- Advises and counsels employees on benefit and leave related issues. Assists with satisfaction and/or follow-up surveys and questionnaires to measure the effectiveness of information provided at benefits orientations and during Open Enrollment (OE).
- Contributes to continual improvements and enhancements to benefits and leave program processes and procedures.
- Manages day-to-day benefits administration and processes in the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) system in conjunction with the HR Operations Manager, HRIS Specialist and Benefits and Leave Manager. Monitors vendor file feeds and responds to issues that may arise.
- Administers and maintains benefit processes including enrollment for new hires, life events, and OE. Makes appropriate program plan entries/changes and inputs enrollment / change data in a timely manner to coincide with transmittal to vendors and the Payroll Department.
- Manages and executes responsibilities related to retirement plans, including developing and running reports to determine eligibility and changes to eligibility status. Completes program plan entries/changes and inputs enrollment / change data in a timely manner to coincide with transmittal to vendors and the Payroll Department. Serves as liaison with multiple providers to manage the planning and execution of quarterly retirement benefit enrollment meetings.
- Analyzes, updates, modifies, and runs reports to determine employees' eligibility for Continuing Education and Uniform Allowances.
- Creates supporting documentation and completes program plan entries / changes and inputs enrollment / change data in a timely manner to coincide with transmittal to multiple vendors and the Payroll Department. Serves as liaison with multiple providers to manage the planning and execution of annual Continuing Education distributions and monthly / annual Uniform Allowance distributions.
- Supports comprehensive employee benefits OE processes and procedures. Assists with development, vetting and editing of OE documentation and employee communication materials covering the breadth of health and welfare benefits subject to OE. Assists with the planning and execution of employee benefit information Q&A sessions and meetings.
- Actively contributes to the system setup for OE and life event modules annually, including serving as lead for the Benefits Department to identify and implement process improvements related to the Department's ongoing efforts to increase efficiency and use of technology.
- Provides leave information to support employment decisions, including return to work and workplace accommodation requests. Reviews leave approval and denial reports. Serves as liaison for area supervisors, TPA, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and employees in the navigation and execution of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) process and procedures.
- Assists in the return-to-work process, partnering with management and TPA on ADA accommodation requests.
- Assists with ADA-related interactive discussions between management, TPA, HRBPs and employees regarding accommodation review, alternative accommodations and the approval process. Manages accommodation approvals and information requests in the TPA leave administration system. Partners with TPA and Quality Department to manage ergonomic and ADA requests based on internal policy.
- Manages day-to-day relationship with leave of absence TPA, including interpretations and application of established contractual agreements and/or service level agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes. Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency, and audits for errors from Third Party Benefit and Leave Administrators (TPAs).
- Assists in the day-to-day coordination and execution of the workers compensation program for all applicable states. Assures YVFWC meets compliance requirements for multiple state specific workers compensation programs and YVFWC policies and guidelines. Participates in the continued development of the return-to-work program, including policy and process development, with the Benefits and Leave Manager, Leave Programs Administrator, and internal and external stakeholders. Partners with Quality Department on matters related to workers compensation and risk management.
- In partnership with the Benefits and Leave Manager, researches and assists in the development and distribution of a variety of benefits- and leave-related educational and communication materials to all levels of employees and stakeholders.
- Upholds confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) and employee benefit and leave records and ensures that HIPAA and employee privacy are monitored and effectively executed.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying in front of and informed about existing and new legislation. Assists with ACA monitoring, reporting and compliance. Assists with state- and federally required government reporting for benefit plan requests, including Form 5500 and Forms 1094 and 1095 filings.
- Analyzes and creates reports to audit and understand leave and benefits trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in HR or Business Administration. Associate's Degree with two years' relevant experience in Benefits Administration or Leave Management may be substituted for the required Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience: Three years' experience in a professional HR or related role. Experience with benefits administration and leave management preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefit Professional (CBP) preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Knowledge of leave laws, workers compensation, ADA, and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, and complete projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess an issue and determine an optimal solution. Strong customer relations skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Advanced proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Proficiency with Third Party Administrator (TPA) portals and an HRIS systems preferred.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.