Heavy Equipment Operator - Grader Operator
Yakima County Dept of Human Resources Heavy Equipment Operator – Grader Operator $25.76 per hour, plus benefits There is one opening with Yakima County, County Roads Department - Maintenance Division. The Heavy Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment utilized in the maintenance of roads, right of ways or solid waste disposal sites throughout Yakima County.
Experience & Training: High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) AND four (4) years of proven proficient equipment operation experience of at least one of the following pieces of equipment: dozer, grader, excavator, mini-excavator, backhoe, loader, chip spreader, compactor, or grinder required within the jobsite assigned; OR an equivalent combination of higher education and proven proficient equipment operation experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Required: • Valid State of Washington Driver's License and proof of insurance, if requested.
• Commercial Driver's License with Airbrake, and Tanker endorsements. Hazardous waste endorsement for landfill positions is preferred.
• Ability to obtain Washington State Flagger Certificate.
• Consent for queries of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Drug and Alcohol.
• Clearinghouse to comply with Federal Regulations (49 CFR Part 382).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening.
Candidates must apply online at https://yakimacounty.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/YakimaCountyWA/details/Heavy-Equipment-Operator---Grader-Operator_R1167 prior to the closing date on the job posting. For information, contact Yakima County Human Resources Department (509) 574 2210.