Warehouse Manager - Vancouver, WA
The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Warehouse Manager our Northwest Packing facility in Vancouver, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Responsible for the management and optimization of all daily warehouse and distribution operations of the facility.
- Manages areas within the warehouse operations including inventory control, product storage and rotation, picking/shipping operations, put-away, internal logistics and production support, yard management, and special projects to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of inventory and finished goods.
- Ensures efficient and effective use of PeopleSoft enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to monitor and track inventory through the distribution chain.
- Manages department lift trucks, trailers and related equipment and ensures that warehouse buildings are maintained properly.
- Manages systems and procedures for organized and accurate storage of finished goods, including palletized boxes, drums and bins, using automated and manual systems due to complexity of products.
- Manages a variety of finished goods SKUs inventories for various buyers.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain and logistics management, or closely related field; or, any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in the manufacturing or logistics industry, preferably in a food processing manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ experience in materials and inventory management control, ERP systems, warehouse management systems, and wireless scanning systems, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a union environment preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, credit screen, and work extended hours and weekends during the pack season, generally July – early October.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Numerous other voluntary products available
- Convenient location, 2 miles west of downtown Vancouver
- Free parking