HIM Document Imaging Clerk
Presson Place Yakima, WA Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on July 27, 2022
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Stores, maintains, and protects the integrity and security of electronic medical records for Yakima Valley Farm Worker's Clinic (YVFWC). Ensures that all documents are in order and compliance requirements are met prior to documents being scanned and indexed to the patients' electronic medical record (EMR).
- Reviews information on forms to ensure provider signature and correct date are included. Verifies that patient demographics match in ID Web Archive (IDWA) and EPIC.
- Prepares and scans documents according to department procedures and indexes each scanned document to the appropriate medical record in IDWA. Utilizes IDWA to send indexed information to designated work list.
- Reviews records for accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards prior to releasing information.
- Reviews weekly error logs and identifies ways to minimize common errors.
- Assists in medical record audits throughout the organization and assists with quality assurance audits.
- Enters Iron Mountain flags in patient EMR charts.
- Ensures all incoming faxes are properly received. Utilizes the RightFax program to route reports to the clinics for provider review and signature.
- Assists staff and clinics with questions regarding scanned documents.
- Partners with Information Systems (IS) and clinic staff to troubleshoot problems with scanned records.
- Answers incoming calls as needed.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Coursework in medical terminology and health records preferred.
- Experience: Experience in medical dictation preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of medical records practices, policies, and procedures including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Knowledge of clinical workflows, medical terminology, and electronic medical records. Knowledge of IDWA and EPIC preferred. Knowledge of hard copy chart flow and filing. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Strong customer relations skills. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and clinic staff. Ability to prioritize required tasks, maintain focus, and complete work within timelines.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.