MOW Home Delivery Specialist (Full Time - Temporary)
People For People is currently hiring a full time temporary Home Delivery Specialist for our Meals on Wheels program operating from our Union Gap location. This position will be temporarily hired through our Employment and Training department’s Hunger Relief Grant. Please select this link for a complete job description including essential functions and requirements.
Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Nutrition Management, the Senior Nutrition Home Delivery Specialist is responsible for making assessments to determine eligibility for home-delivered meal services and completing all documentation as required for ongoing services and providing clerical support.
Educational/Work Experience Requirements:
· Associate’s degree; or equivalent experience in community, human, or food services.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Excellent knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft integrated applications.
· Self-starter, independent worker, team player, and ability to multi-task.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
· Employment is contingent upon successfully completing and passing a Pre-employment Drug Screen, a Washington State Patrol Background Check and/or National Background, Reference Checks, Credit Check if applicable and other required documents.
· Travel is required for this position within and around Yakima County to conduct home visits and other related duties.
· Current Health Department Food Handler’s Permit.
· Ability to travel using an insured personal vehicle
· Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
Duration: To be determined but may last up to 6 months.
· Paid Sick Leave
· Medical Insurance
To Apply: Please apply on our website at www.pfp.org. To be considered for this position, you must apply on our website and include all of the following documents: Cover Letter, Resume and a People For People Application. Only complete application packets will be considered.
Position may remain open until filled
People For People is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, disability, sex, marital status, age, or any other protected status covered by the federal or state law. Please let People For People know if you need of a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job or to participate in the application process.
People for People is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service 711.
People For People
304 West Lincoln Avenue
Yakima, WA 98902