PNWU is hiring for the following position Simulation Educator.
Simulation Educators are trained to assist in the professional development of Simulated Patients at PNWU. The Simulation Educator reports to the Manager of Simulation Education.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ensure quality assurance by providing assessment of accuracy and role performance providing constructive feedback to SPs
· Training SPs to ensure standardization of case portrayal, learner assessment, and feedback to learners based on best practice
· Maintains records of SPs performance
· Assist faculty with the development and accuracy of patient case
· Assists in the preparation and implementation of simulation activities
· Assist with Learning Management Systems operations
· Assist with SP recruitment
· Performs as a backup SP in emergent situations
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts himself/herself appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree, Certified Health Care Simulation Educator Certification (CHSE)
• Required: Prior experience as a Simulated Patient, or equivalent
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings.