Health Education Class Facilitator
Miramar Health Center Kennewick
Miramar Health Center Kennewick
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
To recruit, provide and facilitate Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) classes for community members in assigned geographic areas.
What we offer
- Additional pay for your bilingual (Spanish-English) skills
- Facilitates the chronic disease self-management classes per the curriculum outline and established methods.
- Recruits participants for the classes.
- Actively engages participants in the classes utilizing knowledge of cultural differences to provide an environment where people feel comfortable to share and ask questions.
- Collects and completes participant data obtained from classes and submits weekly records to the Program Coordinator II.
- Receives feedback from the Service Care Coordinator regarding CDSMP program requirements and modifies presentation delivery accordingly.
- Consults with and provides feedback to Service Care Coordinator and Program Coordinator II regarding the classes and participant feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: Six months' experience as a volunteer, Promotor, health educator, or a community resource information provider. Computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Basic knowledge and experience with ZOOM video communications platform. Six months' experience facilitating an educational class and/or leading group discussions preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual preferred. Language needs are based on demographics of the area. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to successfully complete Tomando Control de su Salud or CDSMP leader training. Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively exchange, convey and receive information. Public speaking skills to effectively present information in a public setting. Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to different perspectives and consistently respects individual capabilities, culture, and or personalities.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.