Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 on first paycheck, $2,000.00 at 12 months of employment and recently upgraded pay.
This is an extended hours clinic, open M-F 8:00am - 8:00pm; 8-10 hour shifts. May require floating to other sites within the region as needed.
Provides direct nursing care for patients. Performs diagnostic tests, analyzes results, administers medications, records patient's symptoms and medical histories. Provides support and assistance to the providers during outpatient office procedures.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay.
- Relocation Allowance.
- Shift differential.
- Bilingual differential.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, continuing education, and more.
- Provides care during patient visits, discussing chief complaint and obtaining vital signs and complete health history for the patient. Develops a baseline physical assessment.
- Performs phone triage with patients to determine chief complaint and assessment of next steps and follow up care needed.
- Documents health history, assessments, actions and medications in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Assists providers in diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Performs IV Starts when ordered. Provides information to patient regarding the procedure, including site selection and possible complications.
- Communicates with patient to collect information on allergies and preexisting conditions.
- Provides information to patient regarding the procedure, including site selection and possible complications.
- Identifies the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for each class of drug being given to patient. Explains medication, usage and possible side effects to patient/guardian and obtains consent.
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing patient plan of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals related to patient care as directed by the provider.
- Collaborates with provider in implementing the patient plan of care including providing education and identifying additional services needed for the patient. Initiates follow-up care plan as needed.
- Collaborates with ancillary staff to process patients based on providers' schedule, maintaining smooth patient flow.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate's Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience: One year's experience providing clinical or outpatient care as an Registered Nurse (RN) preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: RN license for the state of practice. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within three months of employment. BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred. PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred but not required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Training in Early Periodic Screening & Development Testing and Women's Health Exams preferred. Knowledge of established professional nursing concepts and all nursing procedures. Knowledge of the uses and effects of medications. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients' families and employees in a professional manner. Ability to understand, assess and react effectively to the unique needs of patients in all age groups. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word, Excel, and EMR.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.