Registered Dietitian - Relocation Opportunity!
Family Medical Center
Family Medical Center
Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $3,000.00 on first paycheck and $2,000.00 at 12 months of employment.
Provides medical nutrition therapy for clinic medical patients and/or high-risk Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) clients. Functions as an interdisciplinary healthcare team member to assess and treat medical conditions and address individual nutrition needs.
- Conducts nutritional screening and assessment for patients/clients to include anthropometric and laboratory data, collection of nutrition history, calculation of nutrition adequacy, and identification of drug-nutrient interactions.
- Utilizes motivational interview to identify desired goals and outcomes of nutrition care in collaboration with patient/client and health care professionals. Considers the variables that may influence the patient/client's food related behaviors including culture and social determinants of health.
- Evaluates and provides evidence based nutrition recommendations to address patient/client medical needs. Understands and evaluates patient/client nutrition status and its relationship to complex disease states including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer, food allergies and obesity.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to advocate for and implement optimal nutrition care.
- Provides preventative services and counseling at individual patient/client visits and group meetings.
- Serves as preceptor providing nutrition education and guidance to dietetic interns and students. Develops training materials and participates in mentoring of staff.
- Assists in monitoring compliance to Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) procedures, federal qualified health center quality metrics and/or state and federal WIC requirements.
- Maintains awareness of community demographics and resources. Connects clients to resources.
- Designs and implements outreach activities to raise community awareness of program services.
- Completes documentation in the appropriate electronic medical record to document patient/client interaction.
- Actively participates in assigned meetings to promote care team collaboration and ongoing learning.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics from a U.S. regionally accredited college, university, or foreign equivalent. Completion of ACEND® (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) accredited academic coursework in a Didactic Program in Dietetics.
- Experience: One year's experience in clinic, primary care, outpatient or community setting preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must obtain RD credential within 180 days of employment). May require the following certifications based on location and job duties performed.
- Medical Assistant - Registered (WA WIC Dietitians).
- Certified Dietitian (if going to bill for Maternity Support Services [MSS]).
- Licensed Dietitian (if going to bill for Medical Countermeasures ([MCM]).
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to effectively interact with adults, infants, children in a professional manner. Ability to effectively collaborate with medical professionals. Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative, and forward thinking. Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills. General knowledge in culturally appropriate practice. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/RDxjK5UW6jV15sAVLfPyXN