Certified Behavior Technician
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) displaying challenging and/or aggressive behaviors within the home, school, and day program or community settings.
What We Offer
- $20-$22/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Completes intake assessment, develops individualized program exemplars, and participates in the collection of data for a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) under the supervision of a Licensed Behavior Analyst (LBA)/Licensed Assistant Behavior Analyst (LABA).
- Collects target behavior data, implements Behavior Reduction Protocols and alternative behavior programs based on the FBA.
- Implements individualized programs to maintain and generalize acquired skills, provide appropriate interventions, and respond to aggressive and/or challenging behaviors.
- Participates in meetings to develop cross-system planning and/or collaborate with treatment professionals.
- Collaborates with other Certified Behavior Technicians to improve individual services.
- Completes all Behavioral Health Services (BHS) and/or funder required documentation.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate Degree in any field. Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Behavioral Analysis, Developmental Psychology, Special Education, or other relevant field preferred.
- Experience: Experience working with individuals with ASD and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Application for Certified Behavior Technician within one week of completing 40 hours of required supervision/training by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)/LBA. First Aid/ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or obtained within 45 days of employment. Right Response certified within six months of employment. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprints required can be obtained within 45 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to do data collection and graphing. Ability to engage with parents and/or teachers to implement behavior intervention protocols under the supervision of a LBA. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients' families and employees in a professional manner. Knowledge of cultural differences and ability to work effectively with culturally diverse populations. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Advanced conflict resolution and de-escalation skills. Ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.