HIPAA Privacy Officer
Central Administration Toppenish, WA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on November 23, 2022
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
The Privacy Officer for Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has responsibility for the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of all processes to ensure the organization's compliance with applicable federal and state HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
What We Offer
- Salary $77,000 - $100,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee privacy-related policies and procedures.
- Conduct investigations of privacy-related complaints and respond to privacy-related inquiries from workforce members, patients and/or family members, the compliance hotline, or other sources.
- Develop and implement (or oversee implementation of) corrective action plans (in response to complaints and investigations. This includes working with Human Resources and leadership to ensure consistent application of disciplinary action standards for privacy violations.
- Based on outcomes of privacy-related investigations, report to state and federal authorities, as appropriate, and communicate with patients or individuals when their Personal Health Information (PHI) or Personal Information (PI) has been used or disclosed in violation of our standards.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee training and education programs for privacy issues, including, new employee orientation, annual online training, and department - specific training.
- Conduct annual privacy risk assessment and develop a work plan to address identified risks, including conducting an audit and monitoring activities.
- Cooperate with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and other federal and state entities in any privacy program audits, inquiries, or investigations.
- Collaborate with VP of Quality and Compliance and other leadership to ensure alignment between privacy and other areas of compliance (e.g., research compliance, billing compliance, pharmacy compliance).
- Prepare written documentation, reports, and presentations, as required. Maintain, distribute, analyze, and collect information for required records, reports, and statistics, as directed.
- Initiate, facilitate, and promote communication activities to foster privacy awareness within CHC.
- Serve as a resource on the laws, regulations, and internal policies pertaining to privacy, health information, and PI for employees, visitors, patients and others, as needed.
- Stay current with relevant federal and state privacy laws and regulations and modify the privacy program accordingly to remain compliant, and consistent with industry best practices.
- Enhance professional growth and development by participating in educational programs, distributing, and reading current literature and conducting and participating in in-service meetings and workshops.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field. Master's degree in Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- Experience: 3 years of general privacy or compliance experience is required. 5 years of general privacy or compliance experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC). Certified Information Privacy Professional.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Works effectively in a fast-paced environment and successfully manages multiple privacy investigations and projects simultaneously. Possess excellent organization, attention to detail, facilitation, technical, and analytical skills. Gathers relevant information systematically, breaks down problems into simple components, makes sound decisions and provides appropriate, comprehensive information to target audiences. Demonstrates discretion, diplomacy, integrity and good judgement. Maintains strict confidentiality and discerns appropriate audiences for specific information. Effectively manages risk in an innovative setting and prioritizes work based on risk. Possesses strong communication and presentation skills. Clearly and concisely expresses ideas in groups and one-to-one conversations, and via formal and informal documents. Strong project management skills, ensuring projects come to fruition from inception to completion. MS Office expertise and knowledge of electronic medical record auditing software.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.