Server Systems Analyst
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Responsible for the implementation and daily management of the corporate server systems infrastructure environment. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all servers, systems, and communication links. Analyzes system traffic and performance. Ensures regular system maintenance and integration of new technologies and upgrades.
This position is hybrid, remote 4 days per week with 1 day per week on-site in Toppenish, WA office.
What we offer
- Salary $72,000 - $100,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more
- Performs the planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing of all servers, systems and communication links.
- Works closely with the Network Operations team to ensure a cohesive systems infrastructure.
- Monitors, analyzes and troubleshoots server performance issues, and resolves issues promptly.
- Maximizes system performance and makes recommendations for new processes, tools, system equipment upgrades and enhancements.
- Understands system architecture and looks to increase efficiencies. Writes scripts, batch files, or uses other automation techniques to improve system management.
- Analyzes system configuration and makes recommendations for enhancement.
- Manages the server operating environments. Researches and implements configuration changes.
- Ensures appropriate system backups are in place and working properly.
- Analyzes system traffic and provides capacity planning recommendations.
- Performs capacity planning and ensures adequate system resources for current and predicted workloads.
- Monitors for indications of security breaches and reports security and/or policy violations.
- Maintains technical documentation for all server and infrastructure systems. Updates the documentation library with any changes.
- Jointly coordinates all system upgrades, modifications, or changes.
- Develops project plans, including scope, milestones, and deliverables in order to meet project goals and deadlines. Actively moves projects, tasks, and assignments forward.
- Interfaces with vendors and manages vendor relationships.
- Works with supervisor on budgeting and procurement including cost/benefit analysis.
- This position requires the ability to travel long distances by automobile to remote locations for support purposes of YVFWC sites as needed or assigned.
- Maintains system security in coordination with the Security team. Ensures installation and maintenance of server and system security measures. Applies security patches and fixes as needed.
- Education: Associate Degree or technical college certificate in IT or a similar field. Two years of experience in systems administration, design and/or implementation may be substituted for the required education. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Administration, Network Administration, Engineering or closely related field preferred.
- Experience: Three years' experience providing support to end users in a complex technical environment, including an intermediate working knowledge of servers and systems. Four years' experience supporting server systems in a windows virtualized environment preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current industry certification in one of the following technologies: Cisco, Nutanix, VMWare, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Office365, or Microsoft Server Technologies. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques. Knowledge of IP network design and operations. Knowledge of performance monitoring for systems and servers. Knowledge of capacity planning for systems and servers. Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems. Knowledge of Email Security and Anti-Spam. Knowledge of Mobile Device Management. Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise and/or Cloud). Knowledge of Enterprise Backup Systems (Disk, Tape, and Cloud Based). Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server. Knowledge of DNS and DHCP. Knowledge of VMWare vCenter & ESXi. Knowledge of Wireless Networking. Ability to document system design, processes and procedures. Ability to execute projects on time, within budget and identified scope. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all corporate levels. Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
Customer service skills with a wide and varied customer base. Skills in problem-solving and sound judgement. Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment