Who is Comprehensive Healthcare?
Comprehensive Healthcare provides innovative behavioral health and integrated healthcare services to clients of all ages. We take pride in our creative and collaborative work environment and in delivering clinically excellent, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented services.
What are we looking for in a Primary Care Physician?
Our Medical Services team provides integrated behavioral health treatment to clients in our inpatient and outpatient units. In this position, the physician will provide primary care medical services to existing Comprehensive clients in outpatient services in our Yakima clinic. The goal of this position is to integrate primary care treatment into our existing behavioral health services to help eliminate some of the barriers to care that our clients experience while also ensuring continuity of care across specialties. The physician will evaluate clients’ physical health and provide appropriate treatment, making referrals for additional medical care as needed. In addition, the physician will participate in collaborative treatment planning with the clients’ mental health or substance use treatment team. Our medical provider team has the opportunity to meet monthly to staff cases and receives regular supervision from the Chief Medical Officer. In this role, strong communication skills, the desire to work in a collaborative team environment, and the ability to establish trusting relationships with clients will be essential.
Primary Care Physician duties may include:
- evaluating clients’ physical health and providing routine medical treatment
- prescribing & monitoring medications and educating clients & their support system about the medication’s purpose, appropriate dosage, and possible side effects
- collaborating with each client and their behavioral health treatment team to create an individualized treatment plan
- following trauma-informed principles in all aspects of client care
- assessing clients for safety and risk to self or others, and taking appropriate crisis intervention measures when indicated
- completing all documentation & charting in a timely, client-centered manner
- Physician (MD or DO) licensed in Washington
- Family medicine or related specialty; previous experience with mental health or addiction treatment is beneficial but not required
- federal DEA registration
What Comprehensive Healthcare Can Offer You
Training and Development
- A variety of career opportunities in a wide range of settings with room for mobility and promotion
- Regular training opportunities including support, supervision, and consultation in implementing evidence-based services and programs
Innovative Program & Services
- A strong reputation for providing quality, evidence-based services within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment
- Innovative, forward-looking leadership that seeks to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment
- Joint Commission-accredited organization committed to continuous quality improvement
- Established partnerships with major research universities and other community and healthcare providers to implement cutting-edge treatment programs and services
- Competitive salaries within our communities and industry
- Healthcare coverage for employee and qualified family members
- Generous vacation, paid holiday and sick leave policies
- Access to Employee Assistance Program services
- Agency-funded retirement plan with contributions equal to 5% of compensation
- Additional retirement investment opportunities with a 50% investment match of up to 4% of compensation
- Agency-funded life and disability insurance program
- Educational loan repayment programs (conditions apply)
How to Join the Comprehensive Team
Need More Information?
Additional information on Comprehensive Healthcare’s programs and services can also be found on our website at www.comphc.org.
Location/Region: Yakima, WA (98902)