Parents as Teachers: Program Coordinator II
Northwest Community Action Center
Full-time, 40 hrs/wk
Do you have 3 or more years of experience coordinating and managing service programs, and providing direction and supervision to staff? Are you great at developing relationships with people to build strong partnerships? Are you able to work some evenings and weekends, when clients are available to participate in this important community program? Do you want to be part of an organization making a difference in the lives of underserved and at-risk populations? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have an opportunity for you!
The Parents as Teachers Evidence-Based Home Visiting Model is the comprehensive home-visiting, parent education model used by Parents as Teachers Affiliates. The model provides services to families with children from prenatal through kindergarten. Affiliates follow the essential requirements of the model, which provide minimum expectations for program design, infrastructure, and service delivery. Parents as Teachers provides support for affiliates to meet those requirements as well as further quality standards that represent best practices in the field.
What We're Looking For:
- Someone who is compassionate and desires to work with underserved populations.
- Self-starter with time and priorities management skills, able to work independently with a proactive approach to completing projects with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to independently manage programs and make decisions to improve program and service efficiencies.
- Knowledge of human service programs and the ability to develop effective working relationships with social service providers.
- A proactive listener who clarifies information as needed, facilitating an open exchange of ideas and fostering an atmosphere of open communication.
- Someone who is tactful, compassionate, and treats others with respect.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively monitor the program to ensure staff compliance with grant requirements, understanding the critical importance of proper oversight and management of grant-funded programs.
- Coordinate the Parents as Teachers program, ensuring that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed timeframes and funding parameters.
- Provide oversight of multiple positions and program budget, and accountability to meet program goals.
- Supervise program employees, assign duties, and ensure high quality of work.
- Facilitate change, overcome challenges, face issues, and ensure that decisions are made.
- Travel as needed to funder and program meetings.
What We Offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Best-in-class benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education, Business Administration or related field; OR high school diploma/GED plus 4 years of directly-relevant work experience.
- With bachelor's degree, at least 3 years of experience coordinating program required; or Associate's Degree plus 5 years' relevant experience; or high school diploma/GED plus a total of at least 7 years' relevant experience is required.
- Driver's license and proof of auto liability insurance.
- Experience supervising staff is preferred.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vp95pvn5kmmj4kpk
Location/Region: Toppenish, WA