The Yakima Herald-Republic, a part of the Seattle Times company, is searching for a Local Sales Director to lead our media sales efforts and increase revenue across our multiple product lines including digital, magazine and print advertising.
The Local Sales Director is the senior person on the Yakima Herald-Republic’s outside sales team and reports to the Director of Revenue and works with other senior sales directors to enhance and refine sales strategy and tactics. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated sales leader with the ability to lead a team and simultaneously maintain a personal sales pipeline and regular contact with high value clients. This role is a blend of management and individual contribution to the sales team.
The Local Sales Director works to develop sales strategy, supports and mentors the sales team, and monitors the pipeline and sales results against goals. He/She also ensures that advertising clients are receiving excellent support after the sale.
In this position, the selected candidate will:
- Work with the Director of Revenue and other sales leaders to strategize, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results; with the ability to pivot quickly based on need and data
- Support the development of goals and operating procedures, as needed
- Train, develop, and manage direct reports
- Oversight and reporting on the sales process
- Ability to clearly articulate the Yakima Herald-Republic’s value propositions to grow market share
- Ability to understand our competitors and articulate our unique differentiators
- Identify prospect companies and individuals for membership
- Close sales during in-person meetings with Account Managers and individually and via phone and email.
Qualified candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience in sales with experience in media or B2B sales.
Other qualifications include:
- Strong understanding and experience providing sales reporting, metrics, and data
- Strong business acumen; understanding of data, reporting, and the true cost of acquisition of customer
- Strong focus on customer service and an understanding of the holistic customer experience
- Desire to understand the challenges facing the media industry and to help be part of the solution to keep the sector strong and vibrant through the development of manufacturing executives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong business acumen
- Passion for leading a team of high-performing salespeople
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Balance of self-starter and the ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills
Location/Region: Yakima, WA (98901)