Job Description: Program Manager Yakima Valley
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
ORGANIZATION: Communities In Schools of Washington - Yakima Valley
REPORTS TO: Yakima ValleyExecutive Director
LOCATION: Yakima, WA
BENEFITS: Medical/dental/vision with 100% employee premium paid by organization, vacation, sick, holidays, mileage & telephone reimbursement
SCHEDULE: 240 Days
PAY RANGE: Exempt position: $54,000 – 64,000 depending on relevant experience.
SUMMARYAt Communities In Schools (CIS), our mission is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Our Integrated Student Supports model places site coordinators in schools to work in partnership with school districts to develop new strategies and community partnerships to provide additional support and resources to students and families through confidential, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive interventions, services and supports.
The Program Manager will support the launch and implementation of the CIS model in the Yakima Valley. This position will be responsible for providing site coordinators support to include orientation, CIS Model service delivery training, professional development, and data management along with ongoing support and technical assistance to ensure strong implementation of the model that is meeting the unique needs of the schools and communities they serve. They will also work closely with schools to ensure strong collaboration and partnership with building staff and support the development of both local and regional community partnerships to meet identified needs.
- Support the recruitment, screening, and hiring processes for new site coordinators, as needed.
- Orient and train site coordinators in the implementation of the CIS model which includes opportunities for flexibility to address unique community needs.
- Oversee the completion of all components of the model including development of the school needs assessment and annual site plans.
- Conduct frequent onsite and virtual visits to support the site coordinator and develop/maintain relationships with principals and school staff to strengthen the relationship.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance, support, and professional development to maintain high quality service provision in accordance with national standards.
- Respond to concerns regarding service delivery from the site coordinator or the school in a timely manner and inform the Executive Director as necessary.
- Maintain frequent and transparent communication with the Executive Director to ensure identification and resolution of concerns and to help identify regional resources to address local needs.
- Monitor site coordinator data to assess services, ensure model implementation, identify program impact, and share with school staff.
- Run periodic data audits for all site coordinators to ensure model implementation.
- Oversee site coordinator meetings to ensure dissemination of information, collaborative problem solving, and ongoing transparent communication.
- Ensure site coordinators are connected to their peers across Washington and nationally to gain insight and problem-solving support.
- Support the development of local and regional community agency partnerships and resources as identified to help address needs; participate in regional or community coalition work as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support the development/maintenance of a strong and supportive internal staff network.
- Support coordination, dissemination, and tracking of in-kind donations and monitor programming in-kind sheets for consistency.
- Represent CIS with a positive and professional image at events and meetings as necessary.
- Support communication and development activities as requested by the executive director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field and two years’ experience, Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years of experience or A.A./High School Diploma and 6years of experience in the field.
- Relevant experience to include a mix of direct services and program development/program management working with vulnerable children, youth, or families.
- Must live in Yakima Valley.
- Experience working in Eastern Washington with a strong understanding of the assets and needs of the region.
- Strong communicator and relationship builder with community and/or school district partners.
- Proficient with data collection processes and using data to inform programmatic decisions.
- Combination of excellent analytical skills, time management, and ability to be creative and flexible to help move things forward.
- Comfortable making independent decisions while working well in a collaborative team.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Good sense of humor.
- Ability to travel.
- Previous direct service staff training, oversight, or supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Excel.
This position will close July 16, 2021. For well qualified applicants, first round interviews will be held on July 20th with a second-round interview on July 22nd.
Application and instructions are available at:
Communities In Schools is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and promotes policies and practices which support and grow our capacity to reflect these values across all aspects of our agency. Communities In Schools of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant will be discriminated against because of age, disability, familial status, gender, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Location/Region: Yakima, WA