The Washington State Fruit Commission is seeking an energetic Advertising Sales Coordinator to work closely with sales, production and editorial staff and manage day-to-day team needs for the Good Fruit Grower magazine, the tree fruit industry's essential resource for news and educational information.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player with great people skills and a good attitude, able to multitask on tight deadlines. This full-time position reports directly to the Advertising Sales Manager to provide administrative support to the advertising team:
* Correspond with advertisers and agencies in support of sales staff to handle advertising and monitor ad placements.
* Coordinate workflow with production and sales staff, including layout approval, image preparation and proofing.
* Input and maintain data in software program for sales tracking, invoicing and budget reporting.
* Manage and oversee logistics for direct mail campaigns and special events, maintaining advertiser prospecting lists and production logs.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exemplary customer service skills via phone and email, greeting visitors and researching and sourcing information when necessary.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision while working effectively in a group to support colleagues.
* Working knowledge of printing workflows and standards and minimum two years of experience in the print industry.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and office tools.
* Familiarity with publishing software and digital platforms.
Additional desired skills:
* Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or advertising preferred.
* Spanish fluency.
The successful candidate will work from the magazine's offices in Yakima, Washington. The compensation package includes a competitive salary plus benefits.
Established in 1946, Good Fruit Grower is nationally and internationally recognized for its in-depth coverage of industry trends and research for the tree fruit and grape industries. Good Fruit Grower staff are employees of the Washington State Fruit Commission, a state agency. The Commission is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status or veteran status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and at least three references to: email@example.com
Application deadline is March 8, 2021.
Location/Region: Yakima, WA (98901)