Highland School District is seeking an outstanding educator who is committed to helping people achieve excellence, enjoys working in a collaborative environment, seeks opportunities to enhance student achievement and views education as a partnership with students, staff, parents and community.
Contract will be for 210 days.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of school
- Provide leadership in creating a challenging, inclusive school environment for students and
- Utilize the CEL 5D+ framework to promote professional growth and staff excellence.
- Work effectively with the superintendent, admin team and board of directors to ensure
district-wide program improvement.
- Communicate with parents and others about the programs and services of the school, establish
positive school/community relations and involve the public meaningfully in the work of the
- Maintain a positive school climate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Washington Principal’s Certificate for grades P-3.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful teaching experience at elementary school
- An extensive background in elementary school curriculum, knowledge of Washington State
- Candidates must possess knowledge and experience in elementary school level curriculum
and instruction, collaborative decision-making, effective communication and technology
skills, effective parental and community involvement.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of public schools,
Including the Washington State Standards.
- Innovations in education, including technology, standards-based student achievement and
report cards, alternative instructional strategies, alternative assessment methods, blended
instructional support, inclusive teaching practices, instruction based on student
performance and decision-making, peer tutoring, cooperative learning and team and other
current instructional strategies.
Candidates should have the ability to:
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with a variety of others in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic environment.
- Create a positive school climate for students, staff and parents.
- Foster growth, creativity and have flexibility to address student needs.
- Use data and performance-based systems to drive instructional/program decisions.
- Be sensitive to individual needs and commit to equitable opportunities for all.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both orally and in writing.
- Manage a building budget.
Candidates should have demonstrated skill in:
-Working with others: Leads and supports a student and staff environment that values diversity and understanding of all cultural groups and their contribution to the school community.
-Curriculum and instruction: Models instructional leadership and demonstrates a strong commitment to equitable outcomes for all students. Leads staff in the use and facilitation of technology in the delivery of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
-Personnel Management: Supervises, evaluates, and motivates assigned staff. Provides leadership in developing a shared vision, aligning curriculum, instruction, and assessment with State and District goals and performance measures.
-Organizational Effectiveness: Demonstrates excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Manages the effective operation of the school within allocated resources and district and state regulations.
-Commitment to closing the achievement gap: Identifies barriers to achievement and knowing how to close resulting gaps. Knowing, understanding, and monitoring programs for sub-group populations of students, ie. special needs, migrant, bilingual. Fostering an inclusive learning environment for all students
Location/Region: Cowiche, WA (98923)