The Highland School District #203 is receiving applications for substitute custodians.
Position: Custodian, for evening shifts at all of the school buildings.
Start date: Immediate. Job Description: * General custodial cleaning (sweep, mop, scrub and vacuum) of halls, classrooms, restrooms.
Empty all trash containers. * Sanitize and disinfect.
* Prepare rooms for meetings and programs.
* Make sure lights are off, building is secured and communicates same to the last occupant.
* Assist in clearing snow and debris from sidewalks as required.
* Other duties as assigned by head custodian and/or building principal.Qualifications:
* Must have or agree to obtain standard 1st Aid card.
* Good physical condition and health record to do the physical labor required of the job.
* Previous custodial experience preferred, but not required.
* Successful completion of WSP/FBI fingerprint screening and drug testing required.
* A post-employment offer/pre-employment custodial physical fitness exam may be required.
Salary: Substitute pay starts at $17.72/hour.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Employment is contingent upon signing of the Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release form, successful completion of WSP and FBI fingerprint screening as required by 28A.400 RCW, if applicable, and Doctor's certification of physical condition to perform described job tasks.
To apply: For applications and information contact Highland School District, phone 678-8631 or download application from the HSD website: www.highland.wednet.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement The Highland School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator and Compliance Coordinator (RCW 28A.640/28A.642) officer: Brandon Jensen, Highland Jr/Sr High School Principal, 17000 Summitview, Cowiche WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8800, e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 504/ADA coordinator: Courtney Sund, 17000 Summitview Rd, Cowiche, WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8859, e-mail- email@example.com.
Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying (HIB) Coordinator: Don Strother, Highland Jr/Sr High Assistant Principal, 17000 Summitview Rd, Cowiche, WA 98923, telephone (509) 678-8800, email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highland School District will also take steps to assure that national origin persons who lack English language skills can participate in all education programs, services and activities.
For information regarding translation services or transitional bilingual education programs, contact Ana Garcia, Student Services Secretary.
Location/Region: Cowiche, WA (98923)