OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION The Speech/Language Pathologist shall be responsible for providing comprehensive
speech, language and hearing services for students on a referral and remedial basis.
Provide assessments, direct therapy and consultation, including development of IEP's
and participating as a member of the MDT.
Organize and conduct a remedial program for hearing and communication
disordered students with a range of ages and handicapping conditions.
2. Formulate with teachers the short and long term goals to meet individual student
needs in the classroom to be written on the student's IEP.
3. Consult with teachers regarding students referred, scheduling and follow-up
Maintain current data on students receiving therapy.
5. Provide current speech and language evaluations for students.
6. Provide staff and/or parents inservice consultation regarding implementation of
current communication processes, and normal speech and language development.
7. Consult with physicians and other agencies of the community regarding referrals and
mutual exchange of information. Utilize and consult with resource agencies within
and outside the community for program facilitation.
8. Assist in curriculum evaluation as it relates to speech and language development
and hearing conservation. 9.
Continue up-dating professional qualifications with current research existing in the
field to meet the needs of the population.
EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL PREPARATION OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATES/LICENSES
Washington State Certification as a Speech and Language Pathology.
Master's Degree in Speech and Language.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT This Job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the
position. As such, it is not necessarily all inclusive, and the job may require other
essential and/or nonessential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed
herein. The District reserves the right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or nonessential
requirement at any time with or without notice.
Nothing in this job description, nor by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to
create a contract of employment of any type.
Location/Region: Selah, WA (98942)