OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Create a flexible instructional program and a classroom environment favorable to
learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate
pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good education, in
accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and
with other staff members.
1.Teach assigned subjects utilizing course of study materials, and other appropriate
learning activities adopted by the Board of Directors and specified in state law.
2. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials, and provides individualized and
small group instruction, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each
3.Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
4.Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
5. Measures and evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate
records, and prepares progress reports.
6. Communicates with parents, counselors, and other staff through conferences and
other means to discuss student progress and interpret the school program.
7. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in
assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
8. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive
displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
9. Maintains professional competence through inservice education activities provided
by the district and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
10. Selects and requisitions books and instructional materials; maintains required
inventory records, and may request other resources, speakers and field trips.
11. Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
12. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
13. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
14. Participates in District and site-based committees and the sponsorship of student
Valid Washington State teaching certificate appropriate to assignment.
Endorsements, special certification and/or license required for specific assignment.
This Job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. As such, it is not necessarily all inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or nonessential functions, tasks, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein. The District reserves the right to add, modify, or exclude any essential or nonessential requirement at any time with or without notice. Nothing in this job description, nor by the completion of any requirement of the job by the employee, is intended to create a contract of employment of any type.
Location/Region: Selah, WA (98942)